Pre-1997 Models

Fuel tank wiring '91 F150 4.9L

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel tank wiring '91 F150 4.9L

HELP please I'm not good at wiring. I have a 4 pin connection on front fuel tank. The 2 connections at the ends appear to be ground wires. Reads 0.0 on volts when tested. The 2 center connections read 7.76 & 6.49 going front to rear of connector or (truck). Should these be reading 12V each? Or is it a combined voltage situation? The fuel guage is working, but fuel pump does not run. Checked relay under hood, looks good. Guess it could be bad. Was wondering if the eec or computer could be bad and cause this. Truck died while driving & gas was very low, thought it was out of gas. I put gas in it but it has'nt started since. Checked inertia switch under dash, its in proper position. Unless it is faulty. My 1st ck was 10A fuse under dash, it was blown. noticed someone had run a wire from tank selector switch (red wire) directly to the 10A fuse that was blown. I replaced the switch & the short harness that connects to it. Also removed the jumper wire. Hooked it all back up like it was supposed to be. Also no volts on yellow wire to fuel pump relay. Can I run a jumper wire from battery to there just for testing the fuel pump? The rear tank is inoperable since before I got it. Well thats where I'm at now. I believe its the fuel pump just because of the circumstances, but I'd like to get as much info as I can before investing to much in it. I'm trying to get this truck going for my grandsons 1st vehicle. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by dmp053; 04-25-2014 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Newly found symptom

Quick Reply: Fuel tank wiring '91 F150 4.9L