Pre-1997 Models

cel blinks four times after startup

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cel blinks four times after startup

I have a 95 f150 5.0 5speed every time a start the truck warm or cold it will idle up the way it should then the cel will blink four times and will rev up to 2,000 rpm or so then crash as if you unplugged the iac and spits and sputters for a few seconds then levels out and idles and runs great till you shut it off and start it again then it will go threw this again unless you hit the throttle or pull out it wont do it, all the sensors are checked out the fuel filter is newer, fuel pressure is good and no vacuum leaks, the distributor is newer also the truck runs good after it does this and the mileage is still good, there are no codes either so im stumped

Old 12-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by HeeHaw80
I have a 95 f150 5.0 5speed every time a start the truck warm or cold it will idle up the way it should then the cel will blink four times and will rev up to 2,000 rpm or so then crash as if you unplugged the iac and spits and sputters for a few seconds then levels out and idles and runs great till you shut it off and start it again then it will go threw this again unless you hit the throttle or pull out it wont do it, all the sensors are checked out the fuel filter is newer, fuel pressure is good and no vacuum leaks, the distributor is newer also the truck runs good after it does this and the mileage is still good, there are no codes either so im stumped
What do you mean "no codes". You should get 11 or 111 if there are no faults.

Adrianspeeder

Old 12-26-2013, 10:42 PM
well yes I get a 111 that it passed but I mean no codes that tell me theres something wrong

Old 01-16-2014, 08:48 PM
well I had to go on a mustang site to find out that my o2 harness not plugged in right (loose) was the cause of the problem

Quick Reply: cel blinks four times after startup