Pre-1997 Models

Left Blinker front and complete driver side tail lights not working.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 02:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Left Blinker front and complete driver side tail lights not working.

Hi,
I have an 84 F150 and I decided to clean up the engine bay a bit . It looks great now but now I have electrical problems that i didn't have before.
I should have probably left it alone.
Here's the problem: Passenger side Blinkers work, front and rear, brake lights too, but not the blinker indicator on the dashboard.
Drivers side Blinker front comes on but doesn't flash. Dashboard indicator light stays on.
Nothing on the drivers side taillights.
Hazard lights :the two fronts and the passenger tail light blinkers come on driver rear does not work.
The whole complete driver tail light is dead. No Blinker no brake no tail lights.
I took out the flasher and cleaned the contacts but I think I might have messed something up on the wiring under the hood.
Any ideas what could be the problem?
Thanks

Old 07-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by gimmeagig
Hi,
I have an 84 F150 and I decided to clean up the engine bay a bit . It looks great now but now I have electrical problems that i didn't have before.
I should have probably left it alone.
Here's the problem: Passenger side Blinkers work, front and rear, brake lights too, but not the blinker indicator on the dashboard.
Drivers side Blinker front comes on but doesn't flash. Dashboard indicator light stays on.
Nothing on the drivers side taillights.
Hazard lights :the two fronts and the passenger tail light blinkers come on driver rear does not work.
The whole complete driver tail light is dead. No Blinker no brake no tail lights.
I took out the flasher and cleaned the contacts but I think I might have messed something up on the wiring under the hood.
Any ideas what could be the problem?
Thanks
Check fuses, relays and connections maybe some got knocked loose from washing it? That's the only I can think of there's not much electrical stuff on your truck since it has a carb. Hope that helps

Old 07-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks I got it fixed already.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:23 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts

Last edited by glc; 07-04-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by glc
Do you have a problem with telling us what was wrong, so others can learn? Forums are supposed to be 2 way streets.
From what I can tell this forum isn't even much of a one way street. I got two responses to my question the first response might have been well intended but was so general that there really wasn't any need to come to this forum to get that answer. Still, I was just thanking the person who did the best he could to help (apparently) and letting him know that I had it solved. No need to go any further.
Then came the second response which was a feeble attempt to lecture me on the purpose of forums. So GLC, you asked for it and here's one for you regarding the two way street.
This forum isn't the best place to find help with your F150, join another forum called the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum. I posted the same question there on the same day. Within hours I got multiple very helpful responses from some really nice and knowledgeable people that led me to the solution of my problem. I had the truck fixed before I even got one response here. Since then the members on that forum have given me really helpful answers to other questions I had.
The Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forum is very active and it's members know what they are talking about. That's where I am going to look for help and also share what I know in the future.
I will not be participating in this forum.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:48 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts

Last edited by glc; 07-04-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Left Blinker front and complete driver side tail lights not working.