Pre-1997 Models

Owners Manual, Jack, Spare tire

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Owners Manual, Jack, Spare tire

Hi All,

Just joined and I appreciate the vast amount of knowledge that all the members here have to offer.

Just bought an awesome 1995 F-150 XLT 4x4. It has a zillion miles on it, but runs awesome.

I plan to go through it and address every little thing it needs to make sure it keeps running and driving great.

1) Does anyone know where I can get an owner's manual?
2) Does anyone know where the tire jack is located?
3) Does anyone know where the spare tire goes? I looked underneath the bed and it looks like there are just two gas tanks underneath there.

I appreciate any and all guidance anyone can offer.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. You might try E-bay, unfortunately the online owners manual are only back through 96.
2. Try under the hood on the drivers side inner fender.
3. Should be under the rear behind the rear tires in front of the bumper. Sounds like you do not have one.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Usually for me the jack is thrown in the scrap pile as I ain't ever gonna sit for 4 days straight spinning a crank to lift a fullsize truck.

Go to harbor freight and pick up a real jack.

Adrianspeeder

Old 12-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got to thinking, and you could download the 1996 F150 owners manual from this site. Should not be much different than the 95 as the body style did not change until 97.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...&menuIndex1=16

Just pick the year, model, and which manual you want.

Last edited by kingfish51; 12-21-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:38 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SWF150
...1995 F-150 XLT 4x4.
That's a start, but fill in your signature so the truck's details show with every post. You can omit "F150" and the century part of the model year. But put the 2-digit year, engine size, transmission model, trim level, cab/bed configuration & wheelbase, transfer case model (if 4WD), gear ratio, tire size, miles (or KMs), single/dual fuel tanks, mods, maintenance, damage, repairs, etc. If you don't know all the truck's details, read this caption & follow the links in it:

DON'T POST THIS INFO because it will only appear in THAT post - not in EVERY post.

If there are any terms you don't understand, read this: Automotive Terms & Abbreviations

Uploading pics of your truck would also help. It's easy to embed them in your posts if you follow the instructions at this link:
http://www.supermotors.net/forums/th...-and-or-videos
Originally Posted by SWF150
1) Does anyone know where I can get an owner's manual?
2) Does anyone know where the tire jack is located?
3) Does anyone know where the spare tire goes? I looked underneath the bed and it looks like there are just two gas tanks underneath there.
1) Junkyard, CraigsList, or e-mail me about these.

But there's probably not enough useful info in them to justify the cost - the '96 manual available online free from Ford is close enough.
2) On the R inner fender, just forward of & below the hood prop.
3) Depends where you are - put that in your profile so it shows at the top of each post.

. .

Quick Reply: Owners Manual, Jack, Spare tire