Pre-1997 Models

95 F150 clutch problem??? need help! please

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 F150 clutch problem??? need help! please

Hey guys, I tried posting this on another ford f150 forum and they said they couldnt help me at all!....but I have been searching this forum up and down along with other forums too about the problem with my truck clutch but I have found somethings similar but not exactly it. But the problem started when I put in a new clutch. The clutch since I had it (around 4 months, the truck was sitting for over a year before i bought it) would stick to the floor once in a while, I would just pop it up with my foot and it would work fine.
I had to take the tranny off because the starter bolts rusted into the bellhousing, so i decided to replace the clutch while I was at it. Well we were in rush and needed to get the truck out that night, and after we were done we relized we didnt have brake fluid for the clutch, you guys are going to kill me but we used 10w30 oil for it, we bled it and at first the clutch still stuck even worse but I managed to get it running and after a while it started getting better and it shifted fine. Just yesterday (its cold like 15%) the clutch started engaging like a inche from the floor and now it wont engage at all. So I got the time and I drained all the oil out of it, and ran DOT3 brake fluid through it multiply times and now I have to pump the clutch twice in order for it engage but once I release just alittle not all the way and go to push it back downt will not engage, unless I let go the whole way then push it back down?? The slave and the master are not leaking any fluid either. I checked the slave and its moving back and forth like its supposed. Could it be the MC? The clutch is very soft too. I need some help here guys! This is my only work truck i have!

Btw it is a 95 f150 4x4 with a 4 speed and overdrive mazda tranny.

Last edited by scotty95; 12-10-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Probably raped your hydraulic system trying to pump motor oil through it.
I wouldn't be surprise if the master and the slave aren't messed up after trying to push thicker oil.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:28 PM
yeah, but it still acted the same way before I put the oil in, it just gradually got worse as time went on.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Replace the whole hydraulic system, and if you don't have the right fluid, don't drive the truck.

When you bleed it, follow the instructions in this caption:

Old 12-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Sorry friend, ya gotta replace it all. We have to purge every line, and R2 every aircraft hydraulic component if anything other than hydraulic fluid gets in a system.

Adrianspeeder

Quick Reply: 95 F150 clutch problem??? need help! please