Pre-1997 Models

My 95 F150 XLT

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 95 F150 XLT

I guess I will make this my introduction thread along as what I have going. My name is Kenny Kline. I am from Hyannis, MA (Cape Cod) Into anything car related.

I bought a 1995 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 Automatic with the 302 5.0 in it. I have replaced alot in it and will be looking for advice in the future as I go along. Here is what has been done: New fuel tank, tank straps, fuel lines, fuel filter, cut off cat, 3" single exhaust to a dual outlet muffler 3" pipes to rear bumper (summit exhaust) lower control arms/ball joints, inner/outer tie rods w/ sleeves, pitman arm, u joints, brakes, rotors, oil pan, tensioner, starter w/ wires, belt, spark plugs, wires, battery, & alternator. Deleted the air pump & clutch fan. Fresh oil and tranny fluid. Thats just really everything off the top of my head real quick. I can remember this stuff clearly as most of it was done this past month.

I am dealing with a few issues I am getting stuck at. One thing is the driver side door handle. It snapped off inside the door. Looks like the door isn't gauged enough and that's why it ripped through. Also I am missing all my t-case linkage and cant find anywhere where I can get everything. When I say everything, I mean everything from the inside of the cab to the t-case itself. Its all gone (rotted out).

I am also looking to do a intake manifold swap. I was looking into doing a GT40 intake swap (leaving the stock heads there for now. I have enough projects going on right now to get involved in a head job on this POS) I have the parts found and was going to order them tomorrow. I have picked out a upper and lower GT40 intake manifold off a 96 Ford Explorer, and a 96 TB off a Mercury Mountaineer. Now I was looking at my engine bay today and I don't think this manifold setup will work with the TB facing the passenger side. I think I may have to flip around the manifold but then that changes the direction of the TB and how it opens. I don't know what throttle cable I have to use. I don't know if my stock fuel rail/injectors will fit. I don't even know if this is possible.

Look forward to trouble shooting things as they come across. This truck is a winter beater but for some reason, I find myself maintaining this thing like its my daily driver.

-K

Last edited by krklinegvr4; 12-03-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:10 AM
what i would do i would get the gt40 heads seens how these are the best flowing heads ford makes for the 302 not the gt40p heads tho make sure of that because them are the explorer heads and need a different header or manifold as for the gt40 intake tho if you were to use that you could do it just use the throttle cable for the explorer maybe not too sure tho and then you would just have to modify the intake a little or maybe the one off the explorer would fit or somethin short good luck tho sounds like fun i just said screw it and went with a carb and gt40 heads lol oh and for the tcase go to broncograveyard.com they might have somethin for ya

Old 12-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by MI02SVT
what i would do i would get the gt40 heads seens how these are the best flowing heads ford makes for the 302 not the gt40p heads tho make sure of that because them are the explorer heads and need a different header or manifold

Originally Posted by krklinegvr4
(leaving the stock heads there for now. I have enough projects going on right now to get involved in a head job on this POS)

And I could use GT40p heads. All that is different in compatability is the spark plug angle. But like I said, im all set with getting into the heads. If I had the heads off, I would end up pushing the pistons out and do a re-ring, new bearings, ARP hardware down below, etc

Old 12-04-2008, 01:39 AM
yeah i can understand that i know you said you were leavin the stock heads on it but what im sayin is why not change that also if your gonna change the intake there right there when thats all off i understand if you got it that far apart then why not rebuild it tho i was just thinkin that a better flowin intake is only gonna flow as much as the heads will let it ya know its just my opinion tho just throwin it out there you dont have to catch it lol and i forgot to tell you that website also has door parts and what not

Old 12-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Well an intake is very easy to take off and maintenance where as a head job isn't as easy. I understand what your saying but there is point where you have to stop and that is it. Maybe one day if I found a deal on some GT40s or some used edelbrock/trickflow heads, I will grab them up but I have not intentions of touching the heads.

Quick Reply: My 95 F150 XLT