Pre-1997 Models

problem when turning left. please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problem when turning left. please help

i have a 1994 f150 with 6in lift and 35's, when i turn left i hear a "tink" and i cant figure out what it is. any help? thanks

Old 05-06-2008, 09:44 AM
There is no way you will get an answer for this question over the internet with the info you provided. A tink to you may be a bang to me. Who knows.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had that problem on my toyota 4x4 and it was the CV axle that was broken.

I don't know if you have a 4x4 or not.

My bro just had that problem w/ his Lexus car a few days ago, and we thought it was his balljoints or tie rods...but Brakecheck did an alignment and said that's all it was....and the "clunk" noise disappeared.

Cheapest/easiest way to figure it out is getting an alignment...they can't do an alignment if a piece is broken, and they'll tell you what it is.

Unless it's obvious by looking there...like a broken cv axle.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:20 AM
Get under the truck and check for any movement in the steering linkage joints/ tie rod ends( just try to move the parts with your hands, everything should be pretty solid with the wheels on the ground).

You could also get someone in the truck with the key in the ON position so the wheel is unlocked and have them turn the wheel back and forth while you're under there looking for what's moving when it makes the noise you speak of. You could do it with the truck started so its easier to steer, but depending on how loud the noise is you might not hear it.

Those are the cheapest ways to figure it out, 'cuz they're free

Some alignment shops will whack you the cost of the alignment even if they can't do it due to broken parts(that can be up to $80+ depending on where you go around here)

Ron

Last edited by ketyokeinnor; 05-07-2008 at 01:29 AM.

Quick Reply: problem when turning left. please help