Pre-1997 Models

'93 f-150 4.9 st 6 oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile '93 f-150 4.9 st 6 oil pan

my oil pan is starting to rust out some around the bolts and starting to leak... do i need to jack-up the engine to replace the oil pan?
thanks!!
danny

Old 02-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lifeson
my oil pan is starting to rust out some around the bolts and starting to leak... do i need to jack-up the engine to replace the oil pan?
thanks!!
danny
I would suggest you buy a Haynes manual specific to your truck(will cover many years). Less than 20 dollars. Follow the directions carefully for removing the oil pan in vehicle and you should have no problem.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by masseyman
I would suggest you buy a Haynes manual specific to your truck(will cover many years). Less than 20 dollars. Follow the directions carefully for removing the oil pan in vehicle and you should have no problem.

i found the one i have... it seems harder to replace than i thought it would..

do you have any idea what it would cost to have it done at a dealer? i just notice it needs a new oil pan today. it is 4F outside here in columbus ohio right now! and windy! haha thanks for the reply!

Old 02-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lifeson
i found the one i have... it seems harder to replace than i thought it would..

do you have any idea what it would cost to have it done at a dealer? i just notice it needs a new oil pan today. it is 4F outside here in columbus ohio right now! and windy! haha thanks for the reply!
No, I wouldn't even want to venture a guess as to what a dealer or independent mechanic shop would charge. All I could say is get some bids and hope they do a decent job. Good luck.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by masseyman
No, I wouldn't even want to venture a guess as to what a dealer or independent mechanic shop would charge. All I could say is get some bids and hope they do a decent job. Good luck.

thank you!!

Quick Reply: '93 f-150 4.9 st 6 oil pan