Pre-1997 Models

Cold Weather Starts

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cold Weather Starts

Last weekend when we had the big dump of snow, I had not driven the truck on Sunday. When I went to start in on Monday morning it would not start(rolled over fine). I figured it just needed to be plugged in since it sat for a couple days
and was half buried in the blowing snow. I plugged it in and a few hours later it started fine.
Yesterday, I went to start it and it would not start. Again, it had sat for 2 days without being driven. This I found odd since it was only 0 deg. outside and hadn't really been cold on Friday.
Sure enough, I plugged it in and it started a few hours later.
Now there have been mornings where it's been quite cold and it started fine(having ran the day before).
So it seems that if I leave it for a couple of days..It needs to be plugged in.

So I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone could suggest why this might be happening. Now this is my first f-150 but with every other vehicle I've owned, I've only had to plug in when extremely cold.
Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never had to plug mine in even to -35, couple nights I forgot to and mine started just fine. I had something similar happen to my Capri a few years back, after a big snow storm it wouldnt start, turned out that the winds had blown snow into my air filter and clogged it up. Doesnt look like thats your problem but its worth taking a look. When the fuel pump started to go it took 3 or 4 tries to get going if it was humid out, get a fuel pressure guage and hook it up to the schrader valve and see what it reads and go from there. It aint pleasant working on vehicles this time of year outside so hope you can get accesss to a garage.

Take it one step at a time, I just spent $500 over two days to get mine going cause I needed it to get to work today and was rushing, turned out to be a ****ing part I got for $5 at a wrecking yard

Last edited by 89Lariat; 12-24-2007 at 04:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Cold Weather Starts