Pre-1997 Models

Tow Hooks

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tow Hooks

Hey all, just got my truck lifted and so now I am moving on to another project. Is there any way to get a decently set up set of tow hooks on, or rather through the stock bumper? I have a 96 f150 EB and have the bumper with the larger holes on the front, is there any way to perhaps run tow hooks through those to the frame? Or is there a better way that I am not seeing? I have a procomp lightbar on the current bumper so I don't want to replace it with an 'off road' bumper. I figured I would ask the pool of knowledge and see what I get. Thanks all. -Dan

Old 09-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You can find plenty of threads with pics & diagrams on FSB showing several ways of mounting towhooks to the front of a '92-96. Do some good searching before you post, or you'll get flamed.

But going thru those factory vents in the bumper isn't practical, for several reasons. The best way (IMO) is to mount a winch bumper with pull points. This thread shows every aftermarket & homebuilt bumper on FSB.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Steve83, sorry about not doing some more digging myself. Searched on these forums, but I always forget about FSB's. Will give the articles you linked a read through. -Dan

Quick Reply: Tow Hooks