Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > Pre-1997 Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Pre-1997 Models

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 12-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1993 Ford F150
Radius Arm replacement, lights

My first question is how hard is it to replace a radius arm, is it just the through bolt up front and the nut in back or is there more to it than that. My second question is i had a little offroading "incident" and I went into the "sticks" pretty hard, it bent my radius arm, blew my tire and knocked my belt off. Ever since my dims/daytime running lights have not worked. All I have are brights. When the key is on the brights icon is not on but when I turn the key off the icon comes on. When i turn the dimmers on there are no lights at all. I did lose a lot of coolant out of the overflow tank and it got on my headlight plug, could this short the system? I really need to get this fixed because I'm sure people are getting really mad at my lol.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:39 AM
1983 Ford Bronco

Vehicle: 1983 Ford Bronco
I'm not sure about 2WDs, but 4WDs use 2 bolts at the front of the radius arms, & they're SUPER tight. The specs are in this diagram. You also have to pull the lower shock bolt, but there's not much more to getting it out. You might have to pull the axle beam forward OR grind off the rivets at the rear frame bracket #6 to get the arm out, though.

Have you inspected the wiring to the DRL module? It's under the L headlight inside the grille valance. I suspect it got pinched.

. . .

Last edited by Steve83; 12-28-2006 at 01:41 AM.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Do you have any pics of the location of this drl module
Old 12-28-2006, 02:39 PM
1996 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 1996 Ford F150
Front LH side of lower radiator support.
It has a black 7-wire connector on the 96 trucks, yours should be similar.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Upon further inspection, i found the dimmer filament on both of the bulbs was broken. I am assuming this was from coolant shorting it or impact. I'm going to buy some cheap bulbs first and see if they work or short out.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:04 PM
1983 Ford Bronco

Vehicle: 1983 Ford Bronco
Impact. Coolant won't affect it noticeably for at least a few months. Just rinse it all thoroughly with water, then apply some silicone grease to the connector terminals.

. . .
Old 12-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Garage is empty, add now

well, I replaced the bulbs and now it works just fine, also the radius arm did not bend, but my tie rod adjusting sleeves are loose enough to turn by hand. I'm just going to align it by eye the best I can until I can get it to a shop because right now the steering wheel is turned way right when I'm going strait
Old 12-29-2006, 12:54 AM