Pre-1997 Models

Fuel Line Disconnect Tool & Filter???

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 01:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel Line Disconnect Tool & Filter???

Ok, I need to replace my fuel filter. I have a 95 F150 w/4.9. Which fuel line disconnect tool works the best? I have searched some on the board and found that changing the filter can be a pain with a poor quality tool. So, which one should I get and where can I get it?

Also, are all fuel filters made equal? Is a Wix ok or is there something better that I can get at a local auto store?

Thanks for any help!

Old 09-27-2005, 06:19 PM
As far as autoparts store tools go i like the set with the several different sized plastic pieces, the cheap metal tool they sell at the parts stores never really worked for me. What i use now is a anodized aluminum disconnect set made for Ford and GM vehicles that i got from snap-on but i think i paid around $100 for it so it's not really worth it i your only going to change 1 filter a year Even with the best tool it will still be a pain if it hasn't been off in a while.

I usually use the stock replacement Motorcraft filters but i'm not as picky about fuel filters as i am with oil filters, i've never really had any fuel filter give me problems.

-Jon

Old 09-28-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by Ford4ever
i got from snap-on but i think i paid around $100 for it
Holy Smokes a $100!

I did some searching and think I found a good disconnect at Pepboys. I think it is made of some sort of aluminum. It only cost $10 and my father and sister can use the disconnect on there trucks too. I can charge them a $1 or so for the use of it; so the part may pay for its self J/K. I probly change my fuel filter to much anyway so I hope the one I got will work well. If it does I dont mind the $10 I spent.

Originally Posted by Ford4ever
I usually use the stock replacement Motorcraft filters but i'm not as picky about fuel filters as i am with oil filters
What oil filters do you use?

Quick Reply: Fuel Line Disconnect Tool & Filter???