Pre-1997 Models

'95 F150 - Replacing leaf spring insulators

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question '95 F150 - Replacing leaf spring insulators

My '95 F150 has almost 138,000 miles on it, and the plastic insulators (the ones with the pin that fits through a hole in the end of the leaf) between the leaves on the rear springs have worn away, so now I get popping sounds as the springs flex and the leaves move against each other.

Is there a place I can find these? I've checked on Ford Parts Network, but the parts listings only show complete spring assemblies. I also need the rubber insulator that fits inside the metal "strap" that's about a third of the way from the front end of the spring on each side.

Thanks!

Old 10-12-2004, 02:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This reply won't be much help, but I had to reply anyway. Shortly after I bought my '95, in late 1996, I noticed a rattling sound that was really noticable when driving through alleys. I spent months under that truck shaking everything trying to find it, with no luck. Then one day, while waiting at a loading dock for a piece of furniture, I noticed the band that goes around the springs, that you referred to, was loose, and rattled when touched. Blew my mind. I wrapped them with electrical tape, and they've been quiet ever since. I didn't even know there was a plastic piece to go in there. Go figure.

Quick Reply: '95 F150 - Replacing leaf spring insulators