Pre-1997 Models

1987 Power Windows And Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 Power Windows And Door Locks

guys I bought a 1987 F150 XL which has all the options that I wanted, skid plates, bench seat, duel tanks etc. However I really wanted Power door locks and power windows. Its really hard to find an XLT lariat in this year truck that isn't extended cab that has a 302 with skid plates and duel tanks etc. So I picked up this truck and got a good deal on it.

Has anyone converted there truck to power windows and power door locks.

Could I just get the door panels, switches, door lock and power window motor stuff and wrie it in. Useally ford has all the wiring in the dash for this already on the models that don't have the stuff.

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks Dave

Old 06-07-2004, 03:33 AM
Re: 1987 Power Windows And Door Locks

Originally posted by hidden
guys I bought a 1987 F150 XL which has all the options that I wanted, skid plates, bench seat, duel tanks etc. However I really wanted Power door locks and power windows. Its really hard to find an XLT lariat in this year truck that isn't extended cab that has a 302 with skid plates and duel tanks etc. So I picked up this truck and got a good deal on it.

Has anyone converted there truck to power windows and power door locks.

Could I just get the door panels, switches, door lock and power window motor stuff and wrie it in. Useally ford has all the wiring in the dash for this already on the models that don't have the stuff.

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks Dave

I'd first look to see if you have the harnesses and what not in the doors already...I'd lay some cash that you do.

If you do, shoot me an email and I'll put ya intouch with someone I believe did the same thing you are doing.

Old 06-22-2004, 05:59 PM
power locks

I've had my 87 Lariet for awhile now and love it.

It's a standard cab 5.0L 4X4 w/ air, cruise, tilt, PS, PB, dual tanks.

Didn't come with power windows or locks but I installed an auto-loc keyless entry system.

There were no wire already in place except the door speaker wires. I also ran wires from the battery and added an ignition cut-off switch. The doors lock when the truck is on.

The tricky part was bending the actuator rods and aligning them correctly. The included wiring harness could have been a little longer too.

I plan to install power windows shortly that I can operate remotely using my auto-loc remotes. I need to talk to someone there to find the right controller to work with my locks control sytem. Then make it all work with the non-universal register I have my eye on.

Old 03-01-2005, 01:17 AM
Finally!!!

I got all the parts for the conversion. I found someone on ebay that was parting out his XLT F-150 and he sold me all the parts.

Window regulators/motors, switches on doors, door lock motors, wiring etc. Under the dash FORD ran a speical harness for the power door lock and windows from left door to right door. My fuse box is already wired for power door locks and windows. The Main harness has two plugs to plug into this extra harness.

The doors had all the holes already for the rivots.

All for $250 not bad. I'm happy. I made this truck into something that I exactly wanted instead of something that was almost everything I wanted.

Dave

Old 03-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by hidden
Finally!!!

I got all the parts for the conversion. I found someone on ebay that was parting out his XLT F-150 and he sold me all the parts.

Window regulators/motors, switches on doors, door lock motors, wiring etc. Under the dash FORD ran a speical harness for the power door lock and windows from left door to right door. My fuse box is already wired for power door locks and windows. The Main harness has two plugs to plug into this extra harness.

The doors had all the holes already for the rivots.

All for $250 not bad. I'm happy. I made this truck into something that I exactly wanted instead of something that was almost everything I wanted.

Dave
Man, that rocks!! Congrats - I know you're happy about that.

Wade

Quick Reply: 1987 Power Windows And Door Locks