Pre-1997 Models

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help!!!

Well this mourning my dad wrecked his beloved 1989 ford f150, some dumba$$ cut infront of him and well the left front end got damaged. I live in a crappy little town were we have no junk yards and ford wants to kill us for OEM parts. If any of you know of a place online were we can find used parts please post a link.

thanks for your time.

p.s My dad was ok, he was just all pist cause they hit his FORD.

Old 03-23-2004, 08:30 PM
OMC
glad your dad was alright. I don't know where you can get parts for an 89 but you might want to try other forums.

Old 03-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Moved to Pre-1997...

Old 03-23-2004, 11:15 PM
I dont know if anyone else watches Trucks on Spike but they ALWAYS run commercials for catalogs for older Ford Trucks. I wish I knew the name but you could always watch the show this weekend, they show the same damn commercials all the time.

Old 03-24-2004, 12:00 AM
First of all, I have an A$$LOAD of places to look for OEM parts. I also know (and recommend) QRP (Quality Reconditioned Parts)...they are cheaper and they fit better.

Unless your dad's accident was in a "NoFault" state, the other insurance company owes him replacement value at today's retail rate. If they offer him NADA, or Kelly Blue Book, or any other crap, wait before you sign the check. If you can't replace what you had with what they give you, they have not settled the claim. Check truck trader...either on line, or grab a mag at the gas station.

DON'T SIGN ANYTHING UNTIL YOU RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS...

1. Is his state a "No Fault" state?
2. Did the guy have insurance?
3. Has the other company accepted liability?
4. Have they offered a settlement?

EMAIL ME AT (Sorry Black Screw, had to remove my email address due to some email happy members. Post back here if you want it, and I'll send it to you)

I'll be there tomorrow from 6:00 am until about 2:00 pm Eastern Time.

Last edited by TUFF FORD; 03-25-2004 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:23 AM
Hit and Run, the idiot never stopped. They later on found the car with no one in it, *****ty thing was that the car was registerd in mexico. So we are screw'd

TUFF FORD

I will try and e-mail you tomorrow, thanks for your help

Old 03-24-2004, 07:52 AM
Refresh my memory on AZ, did he have uninsured motorist coverage? For property damage? If no, I still have that list of salvage yards that we do a lot of business with. I also have a buddy who used to be in Phoenix working claims and is in Vegas now. He may have some more info. I will actually be leaving a little earlier today than expected. Shoot me an e-mail when you get a chance.