4x4 not working...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4x4 not working...

So a couple months ago i had my g-pa replace the fork in my transfer case because apparently it was worn really bad to where it wouldnt switch out of 2 low... and i don't even have 2Lo only 2High. but anyways, when i got it back i drove it home fine, then when i got home i tried to put it into 4x4, it didn't switch, only blew the fuse... so next day i bought another fuse for it and tried it again, blew that one too... so me and my uncle were working on it the other day and the transfer case motor wouldn't turn at all. then we seen that my g-pa had squished a wire in between a clamp... so we freed it up then tried 1 more time, i think it worked 1 time and it switched to 4H, but i'm pretty sure the front hubs didn't engage, because i have significantly different gears up front then in back,(stupid i know, but that's how i bought it) so i ended up having to take off the transfer case motor and manually turn it to 2H so i could drive to school n what not, i gave the motor back to my g-pa and he said he tested it and he said it worked fine... So i'm currious if anyone might know what else could be wrong... ~ thanks Mitch

Quick Reply: 4x4 not working...