Anyone have an Alpine IVA-C800?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have an Alpine IVA-C800?

I have this head unit in a 2000 Expedition with stock suspension (4-corner LLS) and stock tires, however when driving w/ the screen open I get lots of squeeking from the HU. Has anyone else experienced this? I just wanted to know if this is a common thing (it gets really annoying at times) and if anyone knows how to stop the problem. I originally sprayed some light lubricant on the visible gears while the screen is 1/2 way open and this did nothing to stop the problem.

I called Alpine who told me to send it in to a local repair facility, but when I called they told me they currently have a 3 WEEK (!) turn-around time. I dunno about anyone else, but that's too long for me to wait w/o a radio of some sort to listen to.

Thanks!

Old 12-18-2001, 11:48 AM
If you used an installation kit to mount the screen, your problem may lie there. Check to make sure that the screen is held securely in place by the kit. Also make sure that the kit is securely mounted in the dash. I'd check both of these before I went weeks without a radio.

Old 12-18-2001, 12:20 PM
My headunit dosn't squeak, I've got it installed in my Lightning. The only problem I have is sometimes it can't stay straight in position when I nail the accelerator and I have to tilt it back a little again.

Daniel

Old 12-18-2001, 12:54 PM
Hehehe... that's hilarious! Wish I had that type of acceleration!

How do you have it installed? I have the standard dash kit for the 99-01 Expedition/F150 with the small map pocket above the HU. I installed it the usual way (don't recall if it snapped into place or used screws - I think it was snapped in w/ the use of that metal din-sized "shell").

To be more specific, the squeeking happens when the screen is open and I hit the slightest bump. This goes away when the screen is in the closed position since its locked in place.

How long have you had it? I've had the screen installed since early August and the problem has been getting progressively worse. The only good thing is that if I have the radio up around "10" or higher, I don't hear the squeaking! :-)

Quick Reply: Anyone have an Alpine IVA-C800?