Optima Yellow Top Battery

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 02:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Optima Yellow Top Battery

I just bought and hooked up an optima yellow top. I didn't notice anything running wierd or anything it seems to be doing just fine and better than befor. but i have heard that your supposed to use the red top for cranking and yellow top for extras, My question is will there be any adverse affects of me hooking up this battery and cranking off of it, as in will it fry my electrical system or will it cause the battery to be damages. Any help on this subject would be appreciated.

Thanks Syeth

Old 12-16-2001, 09:00 AM
Cool

Syeth, check out www.optimabatteries.com . They have alot of information for you there. They will explain what you need for various applications but in short the yellow top batteries is fine for your application.

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

Old 12-17-2001, 06:57 PM
Yep,
I have a yellow top for my starting and accessory battery for my boat and it works great. The best thing about it is that you can run it down to nothing and it comes back to life not like a regular engine starting battery. It also charges REALLY fast so if you run a lot of accessories with the engine turned off the battery will re-charge very quickly... Also, as long as there's no ice, I run my boat in the fall/winter/spring months (I like to fish) and have no problem starting a really cold engine with a really cold battery... I'm sold on Optimas and will probably buy a Blue Top to replace my trolling motor battery when it finally gives up the ghost, which should be fairly soon... If it don't give up the ghost by Spring I just might MAKE it give up the ghost...
(-:

Old 12-18-2001, 11:16 PM
Thanks for your imput. I have the battery installed it works great cranks real quick. I like it alot i just was paranoid that it would screw up my truck but it does not seem to be doing so.

Thanks Syeth

Quick Reply: Optima Yellow Top Battery