Cd player stuck

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Cd player stuck

My CD player is located in the back ion the driver's side on the door and the CD holder is stuck and I can't get it out.. any suggestions as to what to do so I don't break anything? Thanks for all your help!

Old 01-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know your post is a million years old but a CD got stuck in my 2005 Explorer. My mechanic said that using those custom labels on CDs that you record will do that.

One recommendation that someone posted was to take another CD, insert it, press down, and then eject. I tried it numerous time but it didn't work for me.

Anybody got any ideas? My mechanic said it would cost a lot to fix it............I have a 2005 Explorer. Thanks.

Last edited by bbowers; 01-01-2016 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to add information
Old 01-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I recommend taking it out of the dash, and bringing it inside and take carefully take it apart. Just take it apart enough to find out where it is jammed.

They aren't rocket science.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it, find someone in your neck of the woods that likes to tinker with electronics.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:13 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
There are great instructions here:

Old 03-04-2017, 01:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great video, my 07 screw just started doing this a week ago, except mine is clicking & sounds like it wants to grenade itself.

Now I just need to find a you tube video showing me how to remove the radio from the dash & I'm set.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
If your dash looks like mine, and I believe it does, it takes about fifteen minutes.

1) Open the door below the radio so you can grab under the trim. Pull the trim out towards the back of the truck starting at the bottom, and work your way up both sides.
2) There are four wires connected to the back of the trim. You can disconnect all of them and place it on the side. I only disconnect two of them, the one at the tip, and the tightest one on the bottom, then hang it on the passenger side.
3) Four screws hold the radio in place. Remove them and it will side forward.
4) Disconnect the four wires in the back. Three clip in, and one antenna wire that pulls out.

That's it.

I put it back in today in about five minutes. Takes longer to get it out.

Quick Reply: Cd player stuck