Alpine CDA-7878 MP3

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2001, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Alpine CDA-7878 MP3

Anyone else get the Alpine CDA-7878 MP3 unit. I have had mine now for a couple of weeks and I must say that it kicks but. I looked at and tested the Kenwood z828 with a MP3 disk that I made. The Alpine is much faster at reading CDs with MP3s. In fact other than the short startup when the unit first reads the CD it seams to switch between songs just as fast as my factory unit did on regular audio CDs. It switches from folder to the next just as quickly. It supports ID3 tags and scrolls them for you if you like. The only complaint I have is that I would like for the unit to have a place to show the clock at all times.

BTW I bought it at Ultimate Electronics (same as Audio King). Not that I'm recommending them but was guessing someone would ask.

Old 08-30-2001, 04:57 PM
Forgot my sig

Old 09-19-2001, 04:39 PM
i just got the new sony xplod model with the mp3 player and wireless remote...it kicks A$#! like you said, the only downfall is having to wait on it to read the entire cd before it starts playing...but WHO CARES!? i can get anywhere from 100-125 songs on a cd now...HOW GREAT IS THAT!? its like having a 10 or 12 disc cd changer on ONE CD!! I LOVE TECHNOLOGY!!

by the way, the sony model has the same options that you mentioned, except it displays the clock at all times also...:P

Old 09-20-2001, 02:17 PM
Rockford Fosgate RFX9000 here....

ditto the above remarks. It is great. The spin up read time isn't all that bad either. To me it is not as bad as the mechanical down time of a multi disc changer.

Mine also displays the clock at all times.

Quick Reply: Alpine CDA-7878 MP3