Need OEM AM/FM/CD/Cassette for '97 F-150

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2001, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need OEM AM/FM/CD/Cassette for '97 F-150

I am trying to find an OEM AM/FM/CD/Cassette for '97 F-150. I was told that they didn't make that stereo until '98???? Does anyone know? I am very desperate for one. I want to be able to use CD player or Cassette. I heard I could by an adapter to make a '98 or later model stereo fit...is that true? Can anyone help? Thanks,

TerryG

Old 07-06-2001, 07:24 AM
hi terry g. find a late model cd cassette unit on e-bay or any other auction house. with a small amount of modifacation by a good installer, it will go right in. i put a 2000 combo unit in my 97. make sure it is from a truck and not a car and it will go right in. your inner dash hole will have to be cut open a bit and the lower radio bracket will have to be removed, but the unit will fit good. the stereo shop charged me 100.00 for the job. the even included the wiring adapter. good luck

Old 07-16-2001, 10:50 AM
Hey, when installing a newer model deck into and older model truck there will be adapters required. U will need a harness and a reverse harness for the unit to fit.. But harnesses will be hard-wired together to keep your factory wiring loom intact.. Most audio shops shop be able to assist you..

Old 07-18-2001, 03:36 PM
uhm... why?

Why dont you go for an aftermarket full-height CD/Cassette combo? It'll cost about the same and sound a WHOLE lot better! I know for a fact that pioneer and Alpine both manufacture this type of setup.

Quick Reply: Need OEM AM/FM/CD/Cassette for '97 F-150