Tim A or anyone with Visteon Knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tim A or anyone with Visteon Knowledge

I have the premium unit with cassete that controls the 6 disc changer and has rds. I think it is model P100i. I would like to know if the Audiophile version will work as well. What is the subwoofer output? Is it high level or RCA or other low level? I am happy with my unit now but would like to upgrade and add a subwoofer in the console. I like the idea of a stealth system to keep the wolves at bay. Does the audiophile version have line level outs for additional amps? Are schematics available for this or my present model that I could use to add line level outs?

------------------
01 Black XLT 4x2 Screw Gen I, 5.4, Moonroof, 3.55LS, Cloth Captains, Slider, Extender, ClassIII towing, 6 Disc etc.
Mods planned:
Gibson Single Sweptside, AirRaid, Superchip, Line-X bed liner, Fog/driving lights, Tint, Speed grill.

Old 06-26-2001, 07:15 PM
Wink

I read in another post about the reason behind no RCA jacks and that is fine. I would obviously void any warranty by performing mods anyway and I would only have myself to blame if I screwed it up. I am an electronics technician and have a fair chance of getting it right. I am still interested in the details of the audiophile unit.

Old 06-27-2001, 05:46 PM
Question

TTT
I know it does not have line level outs but I am still interested in the details of the audiophile model and the sub out signal.

Old 07-10-2001, 04:58 PM
Talking Audiophile radio

You are correct, you have a P100i radio in your truck.

You could install an audiophile head unit if you wanted. The subwoofer uses line level differential signals. Most aftermarket gear is single ended, so if you hook one to the factory radio, you'll damage the head unit.

You can even go as far as to add a factory subwoofer from another vehicle, but you'd run into a slight problem. Our audiophile radios are all "tuned" to specific vehicle interiors. There is no factory F150 audiophile radio, so you won't be able to get one for your truck. The cross over and EQ would not be set for an F150 and the system would sound terrible.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Old 07-11-2001, 10:42 AM
Thanks Tim,
I would like to use one of David Navone's LOCs. I was told it would take the differential output and convert it to a safe line level for an amp. I guess it is an isolation transformer which would present a correct load to the HU. I would then add the jl audio stealthbox 10" woofer to the console with an amp. Would I be able to use the DSP adjustments and the crossover adjustments on an amp to tailor the sound to my truck? I have the Super Crew cab which is the same as an expedition minus the cargo area.

Old 07-18-2001, 01:20 PM
Angry Tuning radio for vehicle interioir

Sorry the radio tuning is set by us and is not user adjustable. You could probably get by with an Expedition version. Actually a Sport trac might be a good substitute also. You could get one of their radios and put it in your supercrew.

Old 07-18-2001, 01:30 PM
Thanks Tim,
I guess I will just keep my unit and add on from there.

Quick Reply: Tim A or anyone with Visteon Knowledge