Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV

Tint shops in NJ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 08:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tint shops in NJ??

I need to get the tint removed from my front windows because it's too dark. I just went out and tried to start removing it and realized, hey, this sucks, I'd rather pay someone to do it right.

Anyone know of any good shops near Woodbridge, NJ?

Any info is appreciated.

Dan

Old 04-23-2005, 04:20 PM
You could have it done quicker than finding someone to do it . I had the same problem with my wife's tint way too dark to drive safely at night. Just start in a corner or edge with a razor blade(scraper type) and start a little edge. Pull straight back over it self onto more tint rather than at a 90 degree away from the window. It might take a little while but keep at it and you should be done in 15 minutes or so. You will have residue leftover from the glue but a bottle of Goo-Gone and some rags will quickly take care of that. Also keep the razor blade real flat against the window to prevent gouging, you can almost get all of it by scraping along, but be slow and carefull.

Old 04-23-2005, 04:24 PM
Auto Majic in Glassboro, NJ does tint. Had my 85 f150 and 00 HD done there. they are listed in the phone book

just curious...what % did you go with on the windows?

i had 5% on the rear of the 85, and 20% on the sides. and on the HD i had 20% layered over the stock rear tint to look around 5%, then 20% on the side windows and a 5% tint strip at the top windhshield

kinda wish i went 5% all around. if i gotta back up or maneuver in a tight spot at night, i just drop the windows down and open the rear slider

Quick Reply: Tint shops in NJ??