Midwest CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

Montana => Northwest

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Montana => Northwest

i would like to recommend that MT be moved to the northwest...no one in there right mind would have montana in the midwest. besides, the majority of the 500,000 residents live in the western part of the state... i mean, look, even idaho is considered part of the northwest, and its got this long skinny stick that i could jump across that edges up against the western edge of Montana. lol... all if favor say 'yea' ( i dont know how to make a poll)

Old 05-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So... let me get this straight? We're not in our right mind? LOL!

I have to agree honestly... Having spent A LOT of time in Montana (mainly around Missoula and Butte (and half-way inbetween around Phosphat)), it's far from the midwest...

Unfortunately, I can't edit forums. I'll pass this along to the guy who can though...

RP

Old 05-06-2005, 01:19 PM
yes! thanks RP- well, i guess i can forgive whoever put MT in the midwest- its an honest mistake, look at the state! its so big, plus not too many people know about montana 'its up there somewhere isnt it?'

yea i'll be up in that area all the time now that im done with undergrad... Pick up the pickup in missoula on wednesday... im up in Seeley Lake, Condon, Ovando area during the summer- also in Missoula/Bozeman/Helena

jj

Old 05-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Moderator &

What are you studying?

I'm out there doing some environmental work for a mining company that used to have a very prominant presnece in the Phosphate area... several environmental issues to resolve; nothing spectacular and scary though.

Beautiful state... it is, by far, my favorite place to visit (and I see A LOT of the US with this mining client! -- Absolutely beautiful).

As one of my site contacts there once asked and told me:

Client: "Beautiful day here huh?"

Me: "Yeah, it's unbelievable. The sky is a color blue that I'm not sure I've ever seen in my entire life..."

Client: "Yep. It's georgous out here.... don't you dare tell anyone, anywhere how pretty it is up here. We like it that the cows outnumber the people in the state...".

Me: "Yessir."

LOL!

Naturally, he was joking around with me but, I'm pretty positive that he was serious on not telling a soul how incredible it is out there!

RP

Old 05-06-2005, 01:57 PM
yea everyones pretty protective of whats up there...they dont want to be the next suburban neighborhood... they like saying hey to their next door neighbor-- the guy whos 3 miles down the road, not 3 steps

just finished my undergrad for Architecture University of Kentucky- grad school (masters) at Montana State Univ. Bozeman next year

Old 05-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Moderator &

That's right... we've talked before... sorry about that...

My client out there (who is also a friend) has a cabin with two other guys just south of Drummond near 'Hall' (Douglas Creek).

Beautiful area... not another cabin anywhere near his place for MILES and MILES...

Quick Reply: Montana => Northwest