Lightning

Which used Lightning?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which used Lightning?

I am looking at a used 2001 Lightning in my town. What do I need to look at before thinking about buying it? What are some pointers?

Old 09-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffy
I am looking at a used 2001 Lightning in my town. What do I need to look at before thinking about buying it? What are some pointers?
Well, you can check under the rear wheel wells for evidence of line lock type burnouts but the thing is, if they've only done it a couple times, really, the Lightning's drive train is pretty strong. As long as the truck wasn't manually shifted, a couple burnouts and WOT blasts shouldn't hurt it at all as long as it didn't get continuous abuse (buying any used vehicle is a crap shoot even if it appears to be well taken care of).

Myself, I'm a stickler if the vehicle has been driven allot in bad weather - I check underneath good to make sure there isn't a massive amount of rust or corrosion - I like to keep my stuff mint condition from the inside out and even underneath.

Also, I absolutely wont touch a modded Lightning - I've owned three and my first one was modded and half assed de-modded and it was nothing but problems. I like to start out with a nice clean stock truck. Really, anything you'd be interested in any used vehicle would apply to the Lightning (burn marks or rips in the upholstery, clean and non-rusted or corroded motor bay, doesn't pull to one way or the other, runs strong and shifts smooth, no body damage, etc.etc.)

Quick Reply: Which used Lightning?