Lightning

Mirror turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mirror turn signals

Does anybody know how to disassemble the side mirror on a F-150, 2001 SVT ??. I'm looking for a way to change the red blinker glass to a white or yellow, since the red one is not allowed in this country ;O(.
Anyone knowing about white or yellow replacement glass ??

Old 01-26-2005, 02:05 PM
no idea......

where are you? and where is the truck from?

for a temporary solution, you can disable the turn signal.

or I could just answer your question. I believe the cover on the front of the mirror pops off. Yours are painted, so I'd be careful. Mine are the cheap-o black plastic, so i'd just jimmy mine w/ a screw driver.

Old 01-29-2005, 07:02 PM
If this is for the UK, this isn't a big deal. The SVA test on first import doesn't include lights, as the F150 is a goods vehicle. If three years old and you need MoT, find a friendly test station or just disconnect temporarily for the test. I believe the glass only comes in red

Old 01-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by mikef
If this is for the UK, this isn't a big deal. The SVA test on first import doesn't include lights, as the F150 is a goods vehicle. If three years old and you need MoT, find a friendly test station or just disconnect temporarily for the test. I believe the glass only comes in red
I have only seen them in red, never clear and they are built into the outer cover shell of the light. its easily removed by putting the glass in the full down position and releasing the covers clips that are behind the glass with a pick or small screwdriver. then the cover lifts up and out since the lower retainers are slotted pieces.

Old 02-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by svt4rd
I have only seen them in red, never clear and they are built into the outer cover shell of the light. its easily removed by putting the glass in the full down position and releasing the covers clips that are behind the glass with a pick or small screwdriver. then the cover lifts up and out since the lower retainers are slotted pieces.
Sounds like Deuce's mirror has the LED arrow that is seen through the mirror, not the lens built into the outer cover.

Old 02-06-2005, 03:48 AM
Side Mirror

No - It's the one with the flash light mounted "alone" on the outer side of the mirror.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Wow.

Quick Reply: Mirror turn signals