King Ranch

Early king ranch leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Early king ranch leather

I own a 2002 king ranch that i am the second owner. I have owned the truck since about 40,000 miles and the guy before me never treated the seats. I have been treating them regularly since i purchased the truck but they are looking a little worn. The rear seats still look new and I am wanting to replace the front to make them match the rear. Ford quoted me $1600 dollars just for the front two seat covers. Does anyone know another option? I would really like to make my seats look new again but I don't think I can do $1600 just for seat covers. Any help or links would be appreciated.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:27 AM
there's a thread in this forum about someone getting their seats professionally "re-stained" - evidently it worked very well from the "after" pics that were posted...

Old 03-05-2010, 02:41 PM
You mentioned that you had been conditioning them, have you tried the "Spa Treatment" to get them clean before conditioning them? You may be surprised at the results, (but it will probably take more than one spa treatment). I have an '02 also, and I was able to get my seats looking pretty good, even though the first owner had neglected them as well.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:09 AM
This is the link to the thread for the guy that had his seats r-dyed. If i lived closer i would consider doing it even though mine are in pretty good shape...tough to beat that brand new look. Good luck getting them 'restored' and be sure to keep us updated
Dyed KING Ranch Seats

P.S. Your truck is my trucks idol lost

Old 03-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Haha. Thanks for the post and the compliment. I think I might try the steam cleaning and re-dying but there is also a very small hole that started to form from sliding in and out of the truck. Is there something I can do about that also? I am just tying to do the small touches to the truck to get it looking like new again.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Should put up a picture of the hole so we know what it looks like...definitely want to see pictures after you re-dye it if you do it.

Quick Reply: Early king ranch leather