Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > HVAC
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 02-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Blend Door replacement on 2010 f150

Good day,

Looking for any opinions on issue I have a 2010 F150, about 3 weeks ago I noticed a "clicking" noise in the dash but only when the temperature portion of the temp control is all the way to max (high heat). When I turn the temperature down to the middle then back to heat no sound unless I go to the max portion again. It's a clicking noise.

Heat works fine other than when at max heat it clicks in the dash, A/C seems to work fine but its -20 here so I didn't leave it on for long.

Ford service says its a blend door and conveniently it's the blend door that will need dash removal and $1500 bucks to replace a $50 part.

Are they right? Or could I be getting screwed?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Did you get this issue resolved? My 2010 King Ranch is blowing cold air on drivers side and hot air on passengers side. It is not on dual control and dual control does not change temp on passengers side. I'm thinking a blend door. I hope the dash doesn't have to come out.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2010 Ford F150
I have a 2010 F150 with dual air and diver side blowing cold air and Pass side is blowing hot,and ideals
Old 04-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Build Tracking Moderator
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2012 F150 Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamadad View Post
I have a 2010 F150 with dual air and diver side blowing cold air and Pass side is blowing hot,and ideals
This thread belongs to oldunclehue.
I should have explained in more detail....Create a New Thread ( your own) and post your question in there.
go here
http://www.f150online.com/forums/hvac-69/
There are blue buttons, both on top and bottom left (new thread)
Old 04-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamadad View Post
My problem was the top blend door motor. It is right behind the NAV\radio. Two to three hours labor and the price of the motor. I got it fixed for a little over 200. Got a friend in the service department.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2006 Ford F150
Yeah, I had a blend door motor issue here recently as well. Mine was also the one behind the radio. $40 for the part and $120 to install. The service guy said to be thankful it wasn't the unit that required the dash to be removed because that got really expensive!
Fuzion XTi Tires
Old 05-04-2012, 06:45 PM