Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > HVAC
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 10-27-2010, 01:37 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Ford F150
Vents blowing coolant smell? Any help?

Vengts blow coolant smell all the time. I have closed the vents but it still smells. The coolant reservior looks low but isnt, however, fluid is dark.

Can I drain, flush and refill reservior?
What about antifreeze, would it need to be filled or flushed/replaced?

New to working on trucks do need some serious help. I can change oil and thats about it with out F%$KING something up. Thanks
Old 10-27-2010, 01:12 PM

Vehicle: 1999 ford f-150
Do a search for Heater Core replacement because that's what you have. I just went through the same thing in my '99 a couple weeks ago. The heater core is located behind the dashboard inside the truck. In order to change it you have to remove the entire dashboard which is a PITA. I would quit driving the truck until you get it fixed if possible because the leak in the Heater Core will eventually get worse and leak on to the carpet in the passenger side floorboard.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:34 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F-150
Yep heater core is out and they aren't easy to replace. It will soon leak coolant on ur carpet. Better get it changed out.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:34 PM