Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > HVAC
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 06-19-2010, 09:43 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Ford f150
Question How to reconnect ac hoses ?

I have replaced compressor and after a big struggle-none of the quick disconnect would work,so i had to cut off old line from accumulator to evaporator i am having a problem refiiting the line to evaporator---does the spring iside new line have to a complete circle?you tube videos just show folk pushing new line on till it clicks?i think my spring gets jambed beween housing and the face of evapoator line---have sweated several hours--any ideas--
chris
Old 06-20-2010, 07:09 AM

Vehicle: 1997 F150
The spring does form a complete circle inside the ferruled part of the line. If it doesn't, it is damaged. If it does, use some PAG oil and your disconnect toll and work with it to get old corrosion out of it.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:33 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ford F150
Send a message via Yahoo to papajohn
these springs can sometimes collect some dirt and rust in them giving you a bit of a headache reconnecting them. the spring does need to make a complete circle inside the connector. if not could be broken or bent giving you trouble as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2therad View Post
When you are single money tends to be around more often
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommegang View Post
I have no idea what you drive, nor do I care. Quite frankly, you sound juvenile. Now, go play outside with the rest of the children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDfan View Post
I'm quiet because I'm speachless (yes, me) :eek:
Old 06-20-2010, 10:33 AM