Go Back   F150online Forums > Audio & Video System > Head Units
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read VendorsGarage

Old 03-25-2007, 12:24 AM
2007 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2007 Ford F-150
Exclamation Where does the Reverse wire from the Head Unit connect to?

I'm installing a Reverse camera in my 07 Screw and needed to know where the reverse wire form my head unit goes connected to? I already have power to it and has been grounded. I get the video when I set the head unit to the camera mode, I just need to know where to connect the reverse wire to so that it can turn on when I shift into reverse. I would really appreciate the help.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Technical Article Contributor
2006 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2006 Ford F150
Send a message via AIM to Fabian06SC
Your reverse wire can be tapped at the fuse box on your pass side panel. I cant remember the color of the wire but if you do a quick search on here for "reverse wire" and it will bring up a few threads with the answer on it. If you have trouble finding it ill look it up for you when i have more time and link it.

"The things most regreted are the things you never did"
Qoute of the week lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetti96 View Post
... if you searched it would have been right at the top I bet... I tried. Spoon feeding isn't my forte'.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:25 PM
2007 Ford F-150

Thanks,
I read a couple of threads and that say the green/ yellow wire is where to hook up the reverse wire, but still not certain about it though. I appreciate the help though.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:06 AM
2007 Ford F-150

Thumbs up

well the Green and yellow wire didn't work it threw my Valor DTS-660WTS for a loop so I just wired the reverse wire straight to the reverse lights and it works just fine. The Camera and Reverse green wire are both wired into the reverse lights and it works fine. The only thing is if you want to use the camera feature you need to have the camera constantly powered.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:38 AM
2007 Ford F-150

Thumbs up

Added constant power to the Edge A2 backup camera by just wiring it into the ACC wire from the head unit. Once the ignition is switched on the camera has constant power and I can use the camera feature on my head unit to view anything behind me while I'm driving. The reverse wire from the head unit was wired to the Reverse lights and automatically come on when I shift the truck into reverse, Pretty cool

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/....cfm?gnum=9566
Old 04-04-2007, 05:03 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2011 FX4
Send a message via AIM to ibcop
I viewed your pics.....nice set up and glad you got it all worked out.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:03 AM