6 disc player different between models?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 disc player different between models?

I currently have a Single disc player in my 2004 XLT supercab. I work for a auto salvage company and have come across a 6 disc changer out of a 2005 Supercrew. The computer shows the Supercrew 6 disc players are not interchangable with Supecab radios.

I dont know how many people are familiar with Hollander, but many salvage yards use it. Basically they list a different Hollander number for each radio.
1 number for regular cabs, 1 number for Scabs, and 1 number for screws. Generally when things are interchangable the Hollander number stays the same.

Does anyone know why this might be? I have a great chance to upgrade but I want to make sure it will work before I tear the truck apart.

Thanks,
Brian

Old 01-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The wiring harness for 2003+ F-150's is the same. And, the HU opening in 2004+ F-150's is the same. So, the two HU's should be compatable.

The only differences I can think of for radios in those years is that some radios have an AUX input for the DVD system/Satellite radio and the Audiophile radio would have an output for the Audiophile sub-woofer.

On occasion, I have found SCab F-150's with radios usually slated for Explorers or Expeditions. Check and see if the connectors on the back of the radios are the same, and that they mount in the same way. An Explorer radio mounts in a DDIN plug-in chassis while the F-150 radio is held in place with bolts. Also, the main connector for Explorer radios is small and almost square, unlike the long rectangle main connector on the F-150 radio.

Quick Reply: 6 disc player different between models?