Computer SWAP Super Duty to F150?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer SWAP Super Duty to F150?

Hello,

I bought a slightly wrecked 03 F150 super crew a couple years ago and it came with out keys. I have done a few things but have had no success in starting this with the PATS security system.

My next thought is since I have one available for parts, can I swap the computer systems from an 03 5.4v8 SD to my 03 5.4v8 F150 Super Crew?? Will it work since SD is not a chip key system? I am not even sure yet if the plugs are the same yet?? But I thought I would ask if anyone may have tried such a thing.

Or is there any other non-dealer fix for bypassing PATS totally? Disable it or remove from program somehow??

Thanks to all in advance for your time and knowledge.

Wayne
Berwick, PA

Old 12-19-2014, 08:25 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Seems like a lot of trouble when you can get the dealer to cut you keys from your VIN.

Old 12-26-2014, 02:21 PM
It won't work because it's 2 totally different vehicles. Your only option is take it to the dealer or a locksmith who has the equipment to program the keys. And no, PATS cannot be disabled.

Old 12-26-2014, 05:04 PM
Thank you both for your input. When we first got the truck we went to the Ford dealer and they no longer had the codes to make new keys for vehicles older than 10yrs. And of coarse this one was just past that threshold. After that my only option seemed to swap all electronics and ignition lock and or column from a donor truck. I was hoping this SD would work since it was the same drivetrain. Guess I shall keep looking for another F150 as a donor.

Quick Reply: Computer SWAP Super Duty to F150?