Benefit Raffle for Kyle Hicks

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benefit Raffle for Kyle Hicks

Hello all. I ran this by IB Adrian before posting and he said its within the rules so here goes. This is a benefit raffle in support of Kyle Hicks who has Epidermolysis Bullosa and needs a bone marrow transplant as part of the treatment. Unfortunately insurance won't cover it. People in the Wichita area may be familiar with Kyle's story.

I am going to copy the original post from another forum about this below. This is legit, I have dealt personally with the parties sponsoring the raffle and have also donated the amp install kit for the package. Here goes, any questions please feel free to ask and I can run down answers for you:

Raffle tickets can be bought here: http://www.fishercustoms.com/store/i...products_id=37

Here is the info, thanks in advance for anybody that helps out!

have teamed up with Jacob to sponsor a raffle for a young kid in need of a bone marrow transplant. Basically, he has a rare skin disease, and if he doesnt get this transplant, he will die from skin cancer within 10 years. This certain procedure has only been done twice (IIRC) and therefore Kyle's insurance has deemed in "experimental" and will not provide any financial help. It is estimated that $500,000 is needed for the operation. Since May, nearly $200,000 has been raised. Much more info can be found here: http://cotaforkyleh.com/

I got the opportunity to meet Kyle recently, and this young man is amazing. He has such high spirits and is a very down to earth kid. Kyle loves the Dallas Cowboys, and we talked about their season so far, as well as what we expected for the rest of the season. I felt very privileged to get to meet him, and am very excited that I have the opportunity to help a great kid such as Kyle.

Jacob from SundownAudio.com was kind enough to donate an SAE-1200D and I have personally pitched in a 12" SSA Icon/Fisher Customs package. I also want to give a BIG THANK you to the fellas at SoundSolutionsAudio.com. They were kind enough to allow me to exchange a BNIB Dual 1 ohm Icon for a Dual 2 model. Thanks again guys Duece212 just sent me a private message and will be ordering a Kicker 1/0 install kit (PKD1) to add to the raffle. JaggedEdgeKustumVinyl.com has kicked in some vinyl decals to go along with the package. Also, Scott Hall and Jon Buragas from the Amp Repair Center has contributed a free amp repair as a secondary prize.

All warranties on the items are transferable to the winner of the raffle.

The raffle rules are fairly simple. This is very similar to how Nick from IA has run a couple raffles, and it seems like he has had good success doing it like this. I sure hope he doesnt mind me borrowing his idea.

Tickets will be for sale from Nov. 2nd to Nov 23rd. They must be purchased through my online store, at http://www.fishercustoms.com/store/i...products_id=37. But as many, or as little as you want. Every dollar helps!

On Nov. 24th the drawing of the raffle will begin. One name will be drawn each day, until any given name has been drawn 3 times. Every ticket that gets drawn, will be put back into the hat, so even a donation of $1 has a chance of winning the raffle items.

For example:

Day 1- Person #3
Day 2- Person #6
Day 3- Person #1
Day 4- Person #3
Day 5- Person #2
Day 6- Person #1
Day 7- Person #3

In this instance, Person #3 would be the winner of the raffle prize. Tickets will be able to be purchased up until the winner is actually selected.

Guys, lets make this as successful as possible. Donate what you can, 100% of the donations will go directly to Kyle's cause. If you want to help further, just simply spread the word. Post this to other forums you visit, link this thread, keep it bumped to the top for us. Just whatever you guys can do. We actually have the opportunity to see a life get saved.

New List of Raffle Prizes:

More products have been offered, so I will update here as they become official.

Raffle Item #1
Sundown Audio SAE1200D

12" SSA Icon Dual1

Fisher Customs Enclosure

Kicker 1/0 Amp Install Kit

Vinyl Decals Courtesy of Jagged Edge Kustum Vinyl
-Sundown windshield banner 5"HX15.5"W
-(2) Sundown side window stickers 2.50"HX7.75"W
-Fisher Customs rear window decal 13'HX24.48"W

Raffle Item #2

(1) Free amp repair compliments of Scott Hall and Jon Buragas at Amp Repair Center

Old 11-05-2008, 02:03 PM
bump for a good cause....and possibly one friggin sweet box!!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Bumpin this up for more exposure on a good cause. Over 1100 tickets sold so far

Old 11-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Going to bump this one last time. Thanks to all that have taken part so far, we are up to 1436 tickets sold and dollars raised to help Kyle. Drawing doesn't start until the 24th so people can still donate and get in on the action.

thanks

-bud

Quick Reply: Benefit Raffle for Kyle Hicks