Expedition / Navigator

Need exhaust. Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need exhaust. Recommendations?

I need to replace the rusted muffler and tailpipe on my 97 5.4 Expy. Is there anything other than the stock exhaust that will give me a slightly better sound/power increase yet not give me a drone inside? I had a Borla system on my 91 Cherokee and the drone inside made me want to jump out on the freeway.
I can get a 3" pipe and Flo-Pro muffler for $150.00 installed locally. Anybody had any experience with that brand?
Thanks.

Old 03-28-2004, 10:27 PM
Only experience with my Expy was Gibson Exhaust (cat back) and it was awesome.

If you were closer, I'd let you hyave the stock exhaust of my old 2000 Expy. I've had it in the attic for the last 3 or so years. I have no idea why I saved it. Last week I watched a guy cut the exhaust off my new Ex. and throw it into a pile in 3 peices. I won't be keeping that one.

Old 03-29-2004, 03:00 PM
2nd the Gibson. Mine's great! Nice sound outside, very quiet inside the cab.

Old 03-29-2004, 05:15 PM
exhaust

GIBSON SS CAT BACK!!!

Old 04-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Gibson!

Had the Gibson for some time. Still love it and highly recommend it. Like 'Ride, I have my OEM exhaust in tact and available.

Hey 'Ride, great looking rides!

See you upgraded. How do you like the Excur vs. the Expy?

Have a great boating season.

Jeff

Old 04-02-2004, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the offers of getting your old, stock exhaust. The Gibson sounds like a good setup. Are all of the Gibson options (single, dual, aluminized, stainless) just as quiet, inside without the drone? I see J.C. Whitney has the single, aluminized for $249.00 then 15% off. Does that sound reasonable?
I think I may be spending too much time on this site because I feel just a little bit down when one of us gets rid of a good truck like FamilyRide did. That was a sharp rig.

Last edited by davet; 04-02-2004 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:19 PM
Hey Jeff,
Ya, I like the Excursion! I don't think I'll ever have spark plugs again. It's certainly different that the Expy, but it was an easy transition to make once I made it. So far I only have new tires, exhaust and gauges so I'm ready for a programmer/module once I feel confident in one. The increase in power with a diesel is crazy stupid!! I've already proved that I can light up the 2 rears by letting the turbo start to spool. Adding a decent programmer or module like Predator or Edge and this 8000# beast is running 14's in the qtr mile. I never would have believed it!!!

I did just do the first oil change. The first oil change I ever did where I refilled out of GALLON jugs! 4 of them!

Anyhow, I got laid off a few weeks ago so the mod's I've done so far are it for a while more than likely. But that's ok. This beast is great!!

davet,
I hear ya. I don't hang around here much anymore but it can be addicting. And yes, it was very hard to sign the title over to the Expedition and worse to drive away from it leaving it there. I did find out that an employee of the dealership bought it. I just hope they are taking care of it. I saw it once and they had tinted the front windows (I was always going to do that but wasn't sure I'd like the look, and I'm not sure I do) and it needed washing bad! Oh well, we move on.....

Quick Reply: Need exhaust. Recommendations?