Sound opinion on Dynomax bullet install

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sound opinion on Dynomax bullet install

Installed on 07 5.4L, factory exhaust, muffler swap only, no tip
12" body Dynomax bullet 24215
Installed 6 days ago

Ive always been a maggie fan but decided after listening to a few exhaust clips I would try the bullet just for some added sound to the truck. I was looking for a nice mellow tone with little/no drone but just enough sound to compliment the sound of the 5.4L.

review:
I got a little more sound than I wanted. Cold start up is pretty damn loud... but mellows out a little after it idles down.. I'm sure my neighbors are loving me at 5am now. Warm neutral revs have a nice sound but crackle pretty loudly on the decel. Maybe this will go away once it is broken in... or it could get worse? Cruising speeds 10-45 are pretty loud, a nice tone but with some excessive cab drone. Once into overdrive or 50+ it settles down and is almost unnoticeable. Not sure if this is normal but I have noticed driving near walls that there is a slight whistling sound. I have checked over and over again for leaks and the shop that installed the muffler did a great job with some nice welds. No leaks were found. Maybe the larger bodied bullets are less dramatic.

All in all, if your after a loud, almost straight pipe sound with some moderate decel crackling and cab drone and are on a budget for some sound, this is the way to go.
For me, nothing against dynomax but I think I'll eat the $47 muffler and $80 install and go back to a larger bodied magnapack next week to get the sound I was after.

Ill add a sound clip soon

Old 05-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah I cant say I like the sound of those.....nor can I say 12" would be too quiet. I think i'll be loyal to magnaflow for some time yet as well. I loved my magnapack

Old 06-02-2015, 11:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had the Bullets on for a few years now. They actually get a little bit louder as they age. I still love the sound when I am playing around in the truck by myself.

Wife? Not so much. On the phone? Not so much.

It's probably my entire setup adding to it, but I have some pretty loud drone at high speeds with my setup. Especially when towing.

Still glad I purchased the setup though.

Quick Reply: Sound opinion on Dynomax bullet install