S-Type Borla for 5.0 What muffler is it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S-Type Borla for 5.0 What muffler is it?

ello ford friends,

I have reached out to Borla a few times and they will not respond to my notes so I thought I might try here.

I have decided the Borla S-Type (from sound clips) is the exhaust I think I will like the most on my 11 5.0 as far a sound and minimal drone.

That said everyone has their opinion and I have never been huge on dual bumper exits on our trucks. I am hoping to find a shop here in Columbus Ohio that can fabricate something like this:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/atta...1292811397.jpg

That said I want it to sound like the S type so I am wondering, does anyone know what model of borla muffler is used in the s-type system?

Lastly does the s-type come with a resonator? If so does anyone know what model number it is?

Thank you all for any help!

Old 03-02-2015, 12:22 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
http://www.borla.com/products/stype_...t__40842s.html

Better do true duals with an X-pipe. A 2.5" single will choke you down too much.

You are talking big bucks for a pair of those and all the pipe work.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wondered about that. The S-Type is 3" into muffler 2.25" out I think though as well, is that bad?

I was hoping I could buy the muffler that comes with that specific kit and mimi the build.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:25 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Wrong muffler. The s-type kit uses a different muffler. That one shown above (I have in my possession myself) is the universal muffler from the S-type C5/6 vettes and new edge mustang kits. Borla does not sell the universal mufflers from their kits other than that one. The truck ones are much larger and oval bodies.

See below... looking like a small Pro XS (14" probably). It does have a resonator. The Atak kit based on the pictures looks like it doesn't have the resonator. Would be curious to know if that's all they do for differences.

Borla S-Type kit

Last edited by TruckGuy24; 03-03-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Quick Reply: S-Type Borla for 5.0 What muffler is it?