2007 F150 King Ranch Power folding mirror issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 F150 King Ranch Power folding mirror issue

2007 Ford F150 King ranch

Issue I am having is with my power fold mirrors.

It all started a while ago when I would have to pull back on the fold lever more than once sometimes in order to get the mirrors to fold in – no big deal I thought. Then one day they folded in and wouldn’t fold back out under power.

I was able to pop them out so that I could drive, but they are obviously floppy since they “think” they are folded in. I used some crafty ziptie action to get them to stay out as best I could and not just flop back in. The power mirror function still worked, just not the folding.

Did some reading, figured that my switch in the door was bad, so I bought a new switch and swapped it in. Didn’t fix it. Also…with the new switch the up and down function on the power mirrors wouldn’t work (it does with the old switch). Confused, I did some more reading and found some writings about jumping pin #1 to pin#4 on the harness at the door switch to get them to fold…it didn’t fold anything. I tried jumping #1 to all the others (#1 was the only one with power on the test light) and did nothing (popped the fuse when I got to #2, no big deal).

My questions are:

-Is there a way to “hotwire” the mirrors so that I can at least get the motors to run and sync up with the mirrors in the out position so they don’t need the zip ties to hold them out?

-What would be causing this issue? I read that it might be the Power Fold Module back on the driver side C pillar of the truck? I found a part number for that, but searching the web isn’t getting me much on that. Is the dealer the only place to buy that?

All fuses are OK (#3 and #4 in the foot panel on the passenger side go to power mirrors and power fold – both are OK)

Any ideas? I need my mirrors back!

Here is the thread i referenced:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ki...p-working.html

Quick Reply: 2007 F150 King Ranch Power folding mirror issue