1998 battery drain overnight

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 08:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 battery drain overnight

Hey everyone i need some advice on a problem with my 98 nascar edition f150. A few days ago i went to run to the store and my battery was dead, i jumped it off with my wifes car and it fired up immediately drove to the store shut it off ran in ran out dead battery again, when i went to hook up the jumper cables found the battery terminal to be loose where the wires tie in for the truck i tightened that up still giving me issues. Well 2 days ago i drove about 9 hrs when i got to my destination turned the truck off, got up the next morning fired right up then about 5 hrs later tried to start it and it was dead again. Went to autozone battery and alternator are fine, i found the ground wire for my amp loose tightened it up that didnt help either, This morning the battery was dead and i had unhooked it before going to bed. I have been having problems with the MFS vould this be my culprit? I am at a lost the truck will be sitting for about 14 days while i am at work I am going to disconnect the battery before I leave

Old 01-22-2015, 09:07 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Deauxboi22
Hey everyone i need some advice on a problem with my 98 nascar edition f150. A few days ago i went to run to the store and my battery was dead, i jumped it off with my wifes car and it fired up immediately drove to the store shut it off ran in ran out dead battery again, when i went to hook up the jumper cables found the battery terminal to be loose where the wires tie in for the truck i tightened that up still giving me issues. Well 2 days ago i drove about 9 hrs when i got to my destination turned the truck off, got up the next morning fired right up then about 5 hrs later tried to start it and it was dead again. Went to autozone battery and alternator are fine, i found the ground wire for my amp loose tightened it up that didnt help either, This morning the battery was dead and i had unhooked it before going to bed. I have been having problems with the MFS vould this be my culprit? I am at a lost the truck will be sitting for about 14 days while i am at work I am going to disconnect the battery before I leave

First - this is the Introduction Forum. Y'know - where folks say 'Howdy' n'sich. Hence, they ain't no resident experts present. I'm the Concierge and just happened to be passin' by...

1. Ask a Mod (via PM) to move yer thread to the Electrical section - good a place as any, ah reckon.

2. While ye's waitin' in the queue fer that to happen, Determine the parasitic draw by placing an ammeter in series with yer battery. Should be 50ma or so. If it's more it's time to start pulling fuses to isolate the circuit causing the excessive draw. That includes all of the aftermarket stuff you've got installed in the truck

3. It could be MFS, or it could be the GEM, or even the fuse box (those two can get wet from cowl/windshield leaks).

4. FYI - repeated batt drains (below 12.3 v) will kill it dead. Be prepared to buy a new one once yer problem is fixed.

good luck

Old 01-22-2015, 09:09 AM
Angry 1998 NASCAR edition battery drain

I need help i have a 98 that in the last week has been giving me battery issues, after sitting overnight or for more than 2 hrs the battery is dead and i have to get a jump it fires up immediately. I have been having issues with the MFS could this be the culprit for the battery drain? Had battery and alternator tested yesterday they are both good.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:10 AM
I need help i have a 98 that in the last week has been giving me battery issues, after sitting overnight or for more than 2 hrs the battery is dead and i have to get a jump it fires up immediately. I have been having issues with the MFS could this be the culprit for the battery drain? Had battery and alternator tested yesterday they are both good.
Answered here, in yer other thread on this issue: https://www.f150online.com/forums/in...overnight.html

More:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/el...s-battery.html

https://www.f150online.com/forums/19...ight=parasitic

https://www.f150online.com/forums/el...ight=parasitic

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...ight=parasitic

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 01-22-2015 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:11 AM
Yea i noticed after i posted it that it was the introduction hahahaha my bad

Old 01-22-2015, 09:13 AM
Yea i noticed after i posted it that it was the introduction hahahaha my bad
No problem - ask a MOD to merge the threads. Thanks

Old 01-22-2015, 09:18 AM
I know i read that one and asked them to move it or delete since i posted thus one after the fact, what about the battery saver relay do these go out often Im waiting to go to work now and just trying to get an idea of what are all my possibilities for this issue

Quick Reply: 1998 battery drain overnight