Electrical Issues in my 2013 F150

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical Issues in my 2013 F150

I have 20k miles on my 2013 F150. Sunday morning I went out to my car and attempted to unlock with my remote, nothing no sound nothing. So I used the key to get in, put the key in and got nothing. I tried this a couple times and eventually got the gauges making this buzzing sound and bouncing off zero or whatever the lowest value is. I jumped the truck with my wifes car, no issues until today Wednesday. Started the truck fine, but the Sirius radio immediately shows cannot acquire signal. As I drove it came on but cut in and out, I eventually switched to regular radio with no issues. Had an appt first thing and restarted and listed to sirius for the rest of my ride in. Any ideas what could be going on? First through was maybe there was some security issue, someone tried to break in possibly and truck shut down, I didn't see any evidence of break in. I also have these gd squirrels eating my kids table and plastic dog toys in my yard, maybe one of them chewed a wire or something. Anyway, I haven't brought it to the dealer yet, its kind of a shtty time as my wife is due with our 3rd tomorrow and I can't be without a car and making an appt is difficult. Any thoughts?

Old 08-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Bad battery! Get a new one. SOON! Once they act up, they won't last ANY time at all! Mine was bit slow to start but THE next time that I started it (an hour later) it failed completely! A new battery at Target will costs less than a "diagnostic" fee at the stealership!

I just bought one and the cheapest that I could find was at Target. But go online and look it up, then enter your store location and get the price and then print the entire page and take it with you. First they couldn't find my model, then they tried to tell me that they didn't carry that model but paper said that they did and that they had them in stock. So fourth person finally found them! Then I had to go round and round with everybody in the store to get the listed price! ($109 instead of a higher price.) They tried to tell it is wasn't for THEIR location. Paper showed that it was! Then they claimed that that was internet sale price. But paper showed that Target only sells batteries in the store! It's a good thing that I had printed it all out before I went!

Squirrels? Get a cat but don't feed it. It will go after the squirrels.

Quick Reply: Electrical Issues in my 2013 F150