2010 Ford F-150 randomly stalls blows fuse

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Ford F-150 randomly stalls blows fuse

I have a 2010 ford f150 stx 4.6 L. Recently while driving it stalled, all the dashboard maintence lights flashed including the oil light, brakes, and a wrench. After some searching I found that the #26 fuse had burned out.
#26 fuse is for:
PCM – keep alive power, Canister
vent solenoid, Transmission, PCM relay

The fuse size is a 10 and I put a new one in and it instantly burnt up. Tried a 15 and burnt again. Tried a 30 and it maintained itself so I could drive again, but the next day on the way home while driving on the freeway at 70 mph the truck stalled again. Tried a 10 again and made it a few hundred yards before stalling again. So tried a 30 and it went a few hundred yards and stalled again. The next time we tried it with the key turned on and put a 25 fuse in and we could hear something start up/or possibly reset for a few seconds, not sure what it was, and been good to go since with still a 25 fuse in the 10 fuse slot. I know its not the best to put a bigger fuse in so I retried at home with a 10 and made it a few miles before stalling so I put the 25 back in with no trouble so just leaving it for now.

Im guessing that there has to be a short somewhere, possibly with the wiring Canister vent solenoid but wondering if there are any other possibilities/ideas out there. Appreciate any suggestions. THANKS

Quick Reply: 2010 Ford F-150 randomly stalls blows fuse