Keyless Door Entry Problem, PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless Door Entry Problem, PLEASE HELP

Hello all, I recently purchased a used 2011 F-150 XLT Ecoboost. The previous owner had a keyless entry module installed on the driver's door. I believe its a Ford Accessory because it looks like one and it came with a Ford pamphlet for it. I know that if came with the truck from the factory, the key code module would be part of the door handle. On mine its separate from the door handle, its mounted about 4 inches above the door handle.

The dealership I bought it from doesn't have the code, I'm unable to get a hold of the previous owner because hes out of the country on military leave, and the original dealership in San Diego doesn't have the code either.

I know it works because when I hit the 7/8 & 9/0 buttons the doors lock.

I was reading about how the factory keyless entry codes are hidden in different places in the truck, one being under the glove box on the passenger side near the electrical panel. The weird thing is, even though mine was installed after the truck was built, it still have a white sticker in that location with a 5 digit code. However that code doesn't work. One dealership told me that might be a key code to make new keys? Does that sound right?

I took my truck to a Ford dealer and they told me that they couldn't help me because it was installed after the truck was built and was an added accessory.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you very much

Old 08-19-2014, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did you look under the rear seat? I've heard the newer trucks had it located there. I would think that whoever installed it did so in the factory location so that they can just plug it in. the harness would have a plug built in for that option. i would take it to another Ford dealer myself.

Quick Reply: Keyless Door Entry Problem, PLEASE HELP