dome light stuck on after bumpy road

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dome light stuck on after bumpy road

EDIT: this is a 2013 ecoboost with 6000 miles on it.
hey all, got a weird problem that occurred today.

I was driving down a very bumpy mountain road, and about half way down the mountain, my dome lamps came on. they stayed on the entire way home, and stayed on in the garage until the computer shut them off after about 10 minutes in the garage. (note the system knows all doors are closed, I do not have a door ajar indicator)

I left for a meeting at 7 PM, dome lights were on all the way across town.

I had to pull TWO fuses (which doesn't seem right) in order to get them to turn off. kick panel fuse #4 and #12, if I removed one or the other, they just dimmed... and at this point I was getting beyond pissed off that they wouldn't turn off.

when you open the doors, the cargo light comes on for the bed, and when you shut the doors the cargo light goes off, but the interior dome lamps are stuck on.

it seems as if it gets stuck on the "fade" when the light would normally go off.

has anyone experienced this? Or am I looking at a multi-day trip to the dealer so they can fart around with it??

many thanks,

Last edited by KingJR; 04-15-2014 at 11:10 PM. Reason: specify truck year
Old 04-16-2014, 08:52 AM
no takers huh? I did read the sticky in case you're wondering...

again this happened on a bumpy dirty road, i was on washboards and ruts, 20 mph or less depending on how bad it was.

really hoping I can self resolve this instead of letting the dealer sit on it for a couple days.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KingJR
EDIT: this is a 2013 ecoboost with 6000 miles on it.
hey all, got a weird problem that occurred today.

I was driving down a very bumpy mountain road, and about half way down the mountain, my dome lamps came on. they stayed on the entire way home, and stayed on in the garage until the computer shut them off after about 10 minutes in the garage. (note the system knows all doors are closed, I do not have a door ajar indicator)

I left for a meeting at 7 PM, dome lights were on all the way across town. ...
KingJR,

I know you're hoping to resolve this yourself, but if you end up going to the dealer, let me know and I'll lend a hand.

Ashley

Old 04-17-2014, 08:10 PM
Probably a long shot, but your sure you havent hit your dash light switch by accident, if at full, 3rd brake and i believe dome as well will stay on.

Quick Reply: dome light stuck on after bumpy road