2013 - Accessory Delay Relay

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 - Accessory Delay Relay

Hey there! New F150 owner here, and pretty big DIY'er, with a question that I am hoping some more experienced or those with a wiring diagram could help solve =)

I did quite a bit of searching on the subject and saw several answers on model years other than 2013, but here is what I am looking to accomplish.

I have wired in some headrest monitors (I will do a write-up and post in a few weeks, once complete) and want to tap into power that is switched with the key so that nothing is accidently left on and kills the battery. The 12v outlet (well, all of the car's 12v outlets) is non switched, and so it is constant on. I would very much like to change that, for several reasons, so I have purchased a relay to do the job, just need help identifying which wire to pull from. I think it is called the Accessory Delay Relay, which is what kills power to the vehicle one the key is turned off and then the door is opened.

I assume I have a few options here:

1. Wire in a relay of my own
2. Piggy-back off of the truck's relay

Thoughts?

Old 04-14-2014, 03:57 PM
So I have been searching and calling around today and have found no material on the 2013's from a wiring perspective. Chilton's apparently isn't out yet on this model year.... anyone have hookups at a dealer or a diag of the wiring on these things? =)

Old 05-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Did you ever get your answer? I'm in the exact same boat. Got them installed today and just need to tap into the power. I'm assuming into one of the wires on the passenger side area.

Quick Reply: 2013 - Accessory Delay Relay