2012 FX4 Leveling kit problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 FX4 Leveling kit problems

I'm new here and just bought a 2012 FX4 from a local dealership. I took it in for a leveling install (cost over $500) now the truck won't turn corners in 4WH it locks up like I'm hitting the brakes. It's already been back to the dealer because it sounded like the ball joint, tie rod end or hub is loose in 2WD over rough terrain after the level kit and they said a sensor wasn't plugged back in during the install and all was ok. Well, today it snowed again and in 4WH it won't turn... like the brakes are engaging when I turn and it gets much worse the tighter I turn. Did they not pull the neg terminal before they beat the balljoint loose or tierod end?

The truck was a lease as the carfax shows, after further investigating it was leased by one of the finance guys at the dealership. It had the original PCM flash and was completely un-driveable when I test drove it. It would fall on it's face from a green light...well they reflashed it and now it's better but it has me wondering if it had an after market tune that would void the lease and warranty and the dealership is hiding it from me.

I think I'll take it back and get the level kit un-installed and a refund, then see how it acts in 4WH. If it aint right then they must have screwed something up. I paid a lot for this truck and am ready to call my lawyer.

Has anyone been threw this with leveling your truck? I should have just bought a new truck.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's acting like the differential is locked in but the switch isn't pulled out or the diff lock indicator light isn't on. Now after putting it 4-H, 4-L, diff lock and unlock, it seems to be back to normal. Except for the rattle that seems to come from steering column over rough terrain.

Quick Reply: 2012 FX4 Leveling kit problems