Power windows

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power windows

Some of you may have seen my posts about me assuming my power windows not working in my 1997 F150 due to the GEM Module possibly, but i noticed something just tonight...

Whenever the driver door is open the switches for both windows do not work. Rather, the dome, cargo, and door ajar light flash rapidly while holding the switch down for the driver side window. When trying to operate passenger window down the lights flash and the passenger window slooooooly rolls down. When the door is slightly opened or closed the windows work perfectly!

Another problem is that I was working on the truck one night and left the driver door open for about 3 hours with the radio on and the battery died (tested 100%)

What could be the cause? A short in the door? Faulty GEM Module? I haven't tested this with the passenger door. I inspected the GEM and didnt notice any large amounts of corrosion, but rather 2 tiny spots of white around a couple of pegs on the underside of the circuit board. Help would be great! Thanks!

Old 11-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Sounds to me like short. Wire broken or stripped.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 11-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the Answer, but I discovered something crazy... with door closed I tested to see how many amps my truck was drawing and the meter read .76 amps... is this right?? Don't sound like it....

Quick Reply: Power windows