Heated Seat Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Heated Seat Problems

I have a 2001 F150 King Ranch with heated seats, its starting to get colder in the mornings so its a blessing. My problem is that my drivers seat doesnt want to heat up, the light wont come on on the switch but the passengers seat works like a charm. I haven't had this truck for long and I have never had heated seats before, so I have no clue what the issue is. Please

Old 11-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
chances are the element is open ( no connection ) on the bottom seat cushion right about where the thighs at at.
- few threads on here about it.

Quick test is to use a meter to measure resistance on the element.

Heated Seat module ( under the seat ), unplug from the module and test the harness side from the Yellow w/ light Blue stripe wire to the wiolet w/ light blue stripe wire.

Chances are you are going to get a measurement of infinity or open ( how ever your meter shows this on the display ).

Few people have repaired them, I am not a fan of this.
It does not cost that much to get a new bottom cushion element, and maybe while you are at it a new cushion to make it like new again.
- you will be shocked how much better the seat will feel after replacing the cushion. Mine was night and day at 6 years old, I can only image what it would be like for a 13 year old truck,.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much, ill definitely test the connection to see. Thank you for your help and I just might get a new cushion I dont know yet really.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I did not get a chance to check Tasca for your MY, but for my 2006 the cushion was ~ 80.00 and the element was ~ 50.00 ( + Shipping ) when I ordered them.

You would need to check their site or call the parts dept to see what they are for the KR version ( mine is a lariat ).

Quick Reply: Heated Seat Problems