Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > Electrical Systems
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Electrical Systems SPONSORED BY:

Old 01-10-2010, 08:30 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ford F150
Need the ignition wiring color code for 2009

Can anyone supply me with the ignition wiring color codes on the 2009-10. I need to locate a 12 volt supply when running and no voltage at starting position and no voltage at accessories position. I am connecting Daylight running lights..
Old 01-10-2010, 10:20 PM

papa, you will have to pull the cover off the steering column and find the ignition harness, it's usually located in-line with the key hole and i know that the 04-08's have larger gauge wires on the ignition harness...i cant speak for 09-10 but I'm assuming they are the same, and there are only a few wires in that harness so just probe them at different key switch positions..im sure you can find what youre looking for in just a few minutes

here is the 08 info just incase they are the same:

Battery LIGHT GREEN/VIOLET (+)
Ignition 1 BLUE/LIGHT GREEN (+)
Accessory 1 BLACK/LIGHT GREEN (+)
Starter 1 RED/LIGHT BLUE (+)

***Even if you find a diagram, be sure to meter the wires before hooking anything to them
Old 01-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Vehicle: 2006 FORD F150
Best I can find that is not micro controlled and does not have a FET on it is BJB ( aka Battery Junction Box / engine compartment fuse panel ) Fuse #54. Looks to be enough room to install an Add-a-Fuse in this slot to trigger a relay.
This is hot in Run and Start positions.

This is the fuse for a few things, but the most notable is the DTR ( Digital Transmission Range Sensor ).

Keep in mind on the 09-10 MY, you do not want to take a chance with a FET controlled circuit, if you have the correct sequence of high current draw operations, the FET will shut down. This includes probing around with a test light.

Micro controlled circuits you would not want to use for add on items either, this part of the SJB ( Smart Junction Box ) is not serviceable, and if damaged would require a net SJB to be installed ( and programmed for your truck options ).
Old 01-11-2010, 11:41 AM

I checked my owners guide and it shows Fuse # 54 as the trailer tow battery charge relay. I don't see one for the DTR

2009 F150 Lariat,Black/Black, Navigation,
Snug Top, Bed Rug, Chrome package,
Old 01-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Vehicle: 2006 FORD F150
That would be one of the few things that is powers ( noted in the post above ).
There is a list on the line for BJB Fuse #54, more than just trailer tow battery charge relay. It powers items in the BJB as well as the SJB.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:05 PM

Thanks for the info I will make my connections and let you know how it turned out.

2009 F150 Lariat,Black/Black, Navigation,
Snug Top, Bed Rug, Chrome package,
Old 01-11-2010, 02:18 PM

Thanks for your help. I made the connection and now have DRL. I used the Viloet/Green wire at the base of the steering colume for the trigger.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:18 PM