2004 F150 Super Crew GEM Module location

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 F150 Super Crew GEM Module location

Can someone tell me where the GEM module is located on a 2004 F150 Super Crew truck (New Body Style)?

My local ford dealership said that might be my problem with my radio staying on and my dome light not working since I never could find a splice in the wires which cause this problem.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by jjs316
Can someone tell me where the GEM module is located on a 2004 F150 Super Crew truck (New Body Style)?

My local ford dealership said that might be my problem with my radio staying on and my dome light not working since I never could find a splice in the wires which cause this problem.
2004 - 2008 NBS F150 don't have GEMs. They do have "Central Junction Boxes" which is really just the fusebox under the passenger side kickpanel. Unlike the GEM, the CJB is not "smart". Other modules like the Instrument Cluster or the Vehicle Security Module handle "smart" things like accessory delay, battery-saver delay, door locking, etc. CJB is only a place for fuses and relays that are controlled by other modules.

It's worth checking relays since a stuck accessory delay relay could account for the radio staying on. And an inop battery saver relay could account for the dome light not working.

That all assumes fuses are good and relays are correctly being told what do do by the associated module and that the control signal from the module is getting through to the relay. I'm away from my wiring diagram, but I'm mostly sure that both the dome light battery saver and the accessory delay (radio) relays are controlled by the Instrument Cluster Module.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Do you get a door ajar light on the cluster when the driver's door is open ?

Do you get a door ajar light on the cluster when the passenger's door is open ?

If not, aside from the splice ( which could be from under the driver's side to almost at the turn up the C-pillar in the rear ) there could also be a problem with the door switch.

BTW : Don't do to that dealer anymore, they are dumb like rock to say it could be a GEM problem on a '04 SCrew.
The door switches go right to the instrument cluster w/o RKE, and if you have RKE, the door switch is to the BSM.
The cluster has the output for the lights, and control all the interior lamps ( also takes input from the dome lamp / instrument cluster wheel all the way up ).

Speaking of which, do the interior lamps come on with the cluster dimmer switch ?

Old 06-24-2014, 09:58 PM
power windows stopped working

I have an 06 f150 ext cab with the 4 power windows. I have only owned this truck for 2 years and ive already replaced the driver side switches once before. today I got in my truck I had left all my windows down 2 days bf and my truck stays in the garage.
got in it today and none of the windows work period. so I bought a new switch and that didn't work. only weird thing ive noticed is a slight buzzing now every few clicks and the dome lights dim quickly if I hold the switch down. also every time I click the driver side switch the door ajar ding comes on.. I need help this is insane. any one have any suggestions thanks

Old 12-19-2015, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by sburn
2004 - 2008 NBS F150 don't have GEMs. They do have "Central Junction Boxes" which is really just the fusebox under the passenger side kickpanel. Unlike the GEM, the CJB is not "smart". Other modules like the Instrument Cluster or the Vehicle Security Module handle "smart" things like accessory delay, battery-saver delay, door locking, etc. CJB is only a place for fuses and relays that are controlled by other modules.

It's worth checking relays since a stuck accessory delay relay could account for the radio staying on. And an inop battery saver relay could account for the dome light not working.

That all assumes fuses are good and relays are correctly being told what do do by the associated module and that the control signal from the module is getting through to the relay. I'm away from my wiring diagram, but I'm mostly sure that both the dome light battery saver and the accessory delay (radio) relays are controlled by the Instrument Cluster Module.
Mine is doing the same thing! But the dome light does come on with switch! But I am getting a data error where you set the time delay for lights! After 20 minutes it does shut off! You think it's the cluster module?

Old 04-12-2020, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
Do you get a door ajar light on the cluster when the driver's door is open ?

Do you get a door ajar light on the cluster when the passenger's door is open ?

If not, aside from the splice ( which could be from under the driver's side to almost at the turn up the C-pillar in the rear ) there could also be a problem with the door switch.

BTW : Don't do to that dealer anymore, they are dumb like rock to say it could be a GEM problem on a '04 SCrew.
The door switches go right to the instrument cluster w/o RKE, and if you have RKE, the door switch is to the BSM.
The cluster has the output for the lights, and control all the interior lamps ( also takes input from the dome lamp / instrument cluster wheel all the way up ).

Speaking of which, do the interior lamps come on with the cluster dimmer switch ?
my door ajar light and interior light come on when i open the passenger front door, they do not come on when i open the drivers door.... radio shuts off with key out when i open passenger front door but does not shut off when i open drivers door... i have checked the switch and door wiring... it's all good,i did find a broken wire in the drivers kick panel, fixed it but didn't resolve my issues, this truck has an after market remote start, not sure if my issues could be coming from that install ??? sure could use some help with this......and yes the interior lamps come on with the dash switch......

Last edited by Brad Kellington; 04-12-2020 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:29 PM
any help with this would be greatly appreciated......it's driving me nuts having to open the passenger door every time i stop the truck.......

Last edited by Brad Kellington; 04-12-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Quick Reply: 2004 F150 Super Crew GEM Module location