Auto Lamps Installed...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 08:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Auto Lamps Installed...

I received the parts on Friday from http://www.fordpartsonline.com.

The part #'s for anyone considering this are as follows:

Headlight switch, with fog lamps - YL3Z-11654-DAC : $60.02

Headlight Switch, w/o fog lamps - YL3Z-11654-CAB : $40.55

Light Sensor & Amplifier Assembly - YL3Z-13A018-AA : $28.03

Dash Panel (Dark Graphite) - XL3Z-15046A34-DAA : $ 38.58

Shipping was $ 8.00 to Florida. Took 4 days to get here.

Obviously, you only need 1 of the headlight switches listed above. I just put both part #'s up to make it a little easier for anyone considering this mod.

The light switch wiring harness connectors on the back are identical between the original, the switch with autolamps and fog lights and the switch with autolamps but no fog lights. So, if you are thinking of adding the fog lights later and want to control them like factory, go ahead and order the switch with the fog light option. It will install and connect up just fine.

Of course, I am referring to my '01 XLT 'Screw. Others may be different.

Once I get a new digital camera (my old one failed a friend's "gravity check"), I'll post a picture of the switch and connectors, if anyone would like to see them. As well, I'll post a pic or two of the installation process; again, if anyone would find it beneficial.

As far as the install, it literally took all of 5 minutes :

1. Pop out existing switch; install new switch. Test to make sure the lights all work, including the dash dimmer.

2. Pop existing oval dash panel out. Fish under the edge and get the wiring harness connector for the light sensor/amplifier. Mine was stuck to the top edge, closest to the seat, on the left side of the oval dash panel opening.

3. Install light sensor / amplifier onto new oval dash panel. There are 2 plastic posts that the sensor slips down onto. 2 little split ring retainers slip on to hold it in place. Very easy.

4. Connect the wiring harness to the sensor/amplifier. The connectors are keyed, so you can't plug it in wrong. At this point, I turned the switch to the Auto position and tested the operation of the set-up.

Pop the dash panel back in place and you are done.

All in all, a very easy install.

Quick Reply: Auto Lamps Installed...